- Turkey is the largest youth pool in the EU with a median age of 32.7 and 84,3 million population.
- Turkey, where the young population is also digitally active, is the 10th largest market for Facebook, 6th for Instagram, 6th for Twitter, 3rd for TikTok, 8th for YouTube and 15th for LinkedIn worldwide. Turkey is the 7th largest market of downloading mobile applications in the world. These figures approve that Turkey stands out as an excellent production and application area for entrepreneurs in the field of technology.
- Turkey has one of the largest talent pools in Europe and the MENA region, with more than 40.000 engineer graduates annually.
- Turkey’s start-up ecosystem broken a record of investment with 137 million USD in 2020 and have already set a record of investment figures, with the 1 billion USD in the first half of 2021.
- Turkey’s start-up ecosystem has launched some unicorn companies in the last two years: Peak Games, Trendyol, Getir and Dream Games.
- US-based interactive entertainment company Zynga purchased Turkish mobile game developer Peak Games for 1.8 billion USD in June 2020. Peak Games’ early-stage investors include Earlybird Ventures, Hummingbird Ventures and Endeavor Global.
Ever-growing Islamic finance
Istanbul Financial Center